FREE EXCERPT: Grooming a Maltese Puppy - 44 minutes
In this session, Courtney grooms an adorable Maltese puppy. She shows you how to create a shorter style that plays up the positive features of this breed. Courtney uses a combination of guard combs and thinning shears to get the look. As she works with her guard combs, she clearly demonstrates how to get a smooth, track- free cut. She shows you how to quickly trim angles on the front and rear of the puppy, showing off its structure. Courtney finishes the trim with a charming head style, tying up the top knot, highlighting his gorgeous dark eyes and trimming the ears so they blend with the jaw-line.
In this video you will learn:
- How to use the image of a ‘bobble head’ to help you set your neck line
- How to create chaps on the rear legs
- How to easily flip shears in your hand while working AND hold the comb all at the same time
- How to use thinning shears to make the eye expression ‘pop’ – and how to do it safely
- How to angle the ears into the jaw-line to help frame the face
Experts in this Video
Courtney Ramstack began her career in 1998. She started as a bather and dog trainer. In just two years, she was managing a grooming salon. In 2000, Courtney attended a corporate training program conducted by The Paragon School of Pet Grooming.