FREE EXCERPT: Grooming a Yorkie Mix with Harsh Coat - 45 minutes
Ask any groomer what their favorite breed to groom is and most will say: mixed breeds. Award-winning stylist Annette Quick is no different! In this video demonstration, Annette works on an adorable little Yorkie mix that has an extremely harsh coat. She uses a combination of tools and techniques to give this little guy a personality trim that is easy to maintain between grooming sessions.
In this video you will learn:
- How to use the ‘less is more’ grooming process.
- How to apply ‘loose’ hand stripping techniques that are easy to do.
- Why you want to encourage harsh coat growth on a dog.
- How to strip the coat in a manner that the pet finds comfortable.
- How to build character in the head while giving the dog a youthful expression.
Experts in this Video
Annette Quick is a Certified Master Groomer. In her first year as a Division A competitor in 1997, she garnered the top spot on Groom Team USA. Annette maintained a position on Groom Team USA each year through 2000.