FREE EXCERPT: Grooming the Irish Water Spaniel: Clipper Work (Part 1 of 4-part Series) → Part 2 of 4: Grooming the Irish Water Spaniel: Scissor Work - 10 minutes
View Next Part 3: Grooming the Irish Water Spaniel: Head
In this video, Michell discusses the breed. As she introduces the IWS, she highlights unique features on this breed. She talks about basic pattern and structure of the dog. What blades to use on the face and tail along with guard comb options to set the pattern while accentuating the breed profile, balance and style on an Irish Water Spaniel.
In this video you will learn:
- What unique item does the IWS have on its lower jaw
- How to visualize a balanced dog
- What type of shears to use over the dog and why
- Why is this a great dog for beginners to learn how to scissor on
- How to create a forechest without making the dog look long in body
Experts in this Video
Michell Evans is a multi-Best in Show and Best All Around groomer and is a Certified Master Groomer through National Dog Groomers Association of America (NDGAA) and the International Professional Groomers Incorporated (IPG).