FREE EXCERPT: Grooming the Pet Lakeland Terrier (Part 1 of 3-part Series) - 56 minutes
Sure. Lakeland Terriers are supposed to have a harsh, crisp coat. But how many pets have the proper coat texture? And what do you do when another groomer gives a Lakeland Terrier eyebrows instead of their customary fall of hair over the eyes?
In this lesson, award winning stylist Cheryl Purcell grooms a typical pet Lakeland Terrier. She demonstrates how she handles this trim in her shop on a regular basis. Cheryl terms this groom a ‘pet strip.’ They are easy and super-fast to do for the busy salon. By using her techniques, you can retain some of the coat texture even though the dog is clipper cut.
By the time you view the entire lesson, you’ll be crystal clear on how to groom your next pet Lakeland Terrier to breed profile.
Part 1: Mucking Out the Coat & Setting the Pattern
In this video you will learn:
- How hormones effect coat growth.
- What blade lengths to use on different parts of the body.
- How to identify the edge of the ear leather.
- How to scissor the legs to avoid the dreaded ‘key-hole’ front.
- What reference points should you use when setting in the fall.
Experts in this Video
Cheryl is known nationally and internationally as one of the industry’s top pet stylists.