Member Video: Bathing and Drying a Long Haired Cat - 28 minutes
Hilaire is an experienced Instructor and Lead Trainer at The Paragon School of Pet Grooming. She’s the resident cat expert – or cat ‘whisperer’ might be a better term for her. There is rarely a feline Hilaire can’t groom. In this session, she leads you through the bathing and drying process of a long haired Himalayan kitty. She shares some of her best handling secrets that will keep the cat and the handler safe. Plus, she lets you in on some of her favorite products, techniques, and tools she uses on long haired cats to get them clean and tangle free.
In this video you will learn:
- How to safely & comfortably restrain a cat
- How to do pre-work on a cat, including nails, sanitary clipping, and dematting
- Which equipment is the most efficient
- How to brush & comb any mats and undercoat remaining after the bathing and drying process
- How to put finishing touches on a cat