Member Video: Feline Grooming Demo (1 of 3-Part Series) - 13 minutes
In this session, you get to be the ‘fly on the wall’ at the National Cat Groomers Institute of America. Join a premier feline stylist as she leads a new set of students through the pre-work and bathing process of a cat. In this demonstration, Danelle works on a Maine Coon that is unaccustomed to the grooming process. She walks the class through the entire procedure of grooming this cat. The lesson is filled with solid tips, tricks, and information that is extremely useful. Whether you groom cats or are just thinking about it, this is a grooming demonstration not to miss.
In this video you will learn:
- How to think in cubes and planes when clipping a cat.
- Why it is important to keep the skin taut.
- How to introduce a kitty to water.
- How and why to monitor heart and breathing rates on felines.
- What to use to clean the eyes.
Experts in this Video
Danelle is the founder of the National Cat Groomers Institute of America, Inc. and the world’s first feline-exclusive grooming school located in Greenville, SC.