Member Video: Trimming a Round Head Style on a Drop Coated Dog - 22 minutes
There are a number of different ways to create a round head style on a dog but the simplest ones for drop coated breeds are done with the aid of a clipper. The length will vary based on client preference and length of body coat. It’s most important that the head be in balance with the body. In this session, Melissa guides the viewer through the steps, in full detail, to get the perfect head – consistently – every time.
In this video you will learn:
- How to create a ‘cookie cutter’ head style every time
- How to set the lines of the head
- How to use a guard comb to set the length
- How to frame the eyes to give a soft, kind expression
- How to identify typical trouble spots and how to fix them
- How to set the jaw line
- How to trim the ears
Experts in this Video
Melissa Verplank is a Certified Master Stylist and long time business owner.