Member Video: Grooming the Schnauzer Mix to Highlight the Phantom Markings - 50 minutes
In this session, Marc works on a Schnauzer mix. The dog has very bold phantom markings, making this pooch unique. The coat is a combination of softer fur on the body with coarser coat on the legs. He shows you how to create a simple trim using guard combs and thinning shears. This is a very basic haircut, but by using the principles of general anatomy and balance, you can add a bit of flair to the trim in a very short amount of time. This lesson is filled with practical tips on clipping, scissoring, blending and handling.
In this video you will learn:
- When to know when your clipper work is finished
- How to set the junction point between the head and the neck
- How to use a typical kennel lead as a safety harness for the dog
- Why blenders work so well on this coat type
- Tricks to check the expression to get the perfect look
Experts in this Video
Marc is a Certified Master Groomer, an award-winning contest stylist, a mobile stylist, and an industry consultant.