Member Video: What Do You Do with a Doodle Named Porter? (Part 1 of 3-Part Series) - 36 minutes
Who said Doodles don’t shed? In this session, Misty Fowler shares some grooming techniques on a Doodle that has a soft down undercoat (that sheds) combined with a harsh, wiry outer coat. She explains the differences in Doodle coats and shows you tools and techniques to help reduce shedding and set the coat up for a beautiful trim. Misty does a fabulous job showing you how to use blenders to get a long, layered trim in a manner that is both appealing and timely.
We have broken this demonstration into 3 chapters for easier uploading and viewing.
Part 1: Preparing the coat for the trimming process and grooming the bulk of the body.
In this video you will learn:
- Which tools work best to remove downy undercoat.
- How to get a beautiful, natural looking finish, all by hand.
- How to use the pets anatomy to set the lines on the trim.
- How to set parallel lines (great camera views!).
- How to style the head in sections.
Experts in this Video
Misty is a Certified Master Groomer, an award winning stylist, a two- time member of GroomTeam USA’s top 10 groomers.