Member Video: Grooming the English Setter in a Show Style Trim: (1 of 3 Part Series) - 32 minutes
Part 1 covers Trimming the Feet and Hand-Stripping the Sporting Dog Coat
Misty Fowler leads you through the process of show style trimming an older English Setter. These techniques are suitable for everyday pet clients, contest grooming, and certification testing. Learn how to use a wide variety of tools to hand strip the coat for a natural look that accentuates the structure of the dog.
In this video you will learn:
- How to create a ‘cat foot’ with high arched toes
- Which tools to use to hand strip the back
- How much pressure to place on your tools
- How far to strip down the rear legs and set the pattern line
- Ways to correct conformational faults in a top line
Experts in this Video
Misty is a Certified Master Groomer, an award winning stylist, a two- time member of GroomTeam USA’s top 10 groomers.