Member Video: Grooming a Pet Scottie (Part 1 of 4-part Series) - 22 minutes
Scottish Terriers are one of the more technically challenging breeds to groom correctly. In this lesson, Suesan Watson guides you through the process of hand stripping the coat. Hand stripping retains the wonderful texture and rich color of the coat. Peppered throughout the video are handling tips when it comes to dealing with a Scottish Terrier.
Sue shows you how to set the correct pattern for the breed. As she works over the dog, she discusses the shape of the tail, the length of the furnishings, and the differences between the front and rear feet.
In this video series you will learn:
- What should never be left over the hip area.
- Indications that a coat is ready to be hand stripped.
- Correcting a collar dent in the coat.
- Options for trimming the furnishings.
- Differences in grooming techniques for the front and rear feet.
Experts in this Video
Suesan is a third generation pet stylist whose dynamic career stretches over 40 years. A Certified Master Groomer, she owns a successful mobile grooming business, which serves the Chicago/Northwest Suburban area.