Member Video: Grooming the Pet Miniature Schnauzer - 55 minutes
The Miniature Schnauzer occupies the #12 slot in popularity with the American Kennel Club. This translates to lots of Schnauzers in our grooming salons! The proper way to groom this breed is by hand stripping, however, in the pet world, clipper trimming is the typical way most pet Miniature Schnauzers are groomed. Misty Fowler leads you through this grooming demonstration, showing you how to set the pattern, what blades to select, where to blend, how to scissor the legs and set in the head piece, including shaping the eyebrows. Even though this is a pet dog, there is no reason not to show off the proper breed profile for this beloved family pet.
In this video you will learn:
- How to set the pattern on the head
- How to set the undercarriage line
- How to scissor a soft coat without leaving marks
- How to set the pattern line in the chest area without leaving holes in the cowlick area
- How to set the lines on the rear legs from multiple angles
Experts in this Video
Misty is a Certified Master Groomer, an award winning stylist, a two- time member of GroomTeam USA’s top 10 groomers.