Member Video: Grooming the Pet West Highland White Terrier (Part 1 of 3-Part Series) - 16 minutes
As with most Terriers, Westies have a trim style that is specific, yet easy to apply. In this session, awarding winning stylist, Suesan Watson, shows you how to groom a pet Westie with typical conformational problems. She shows you how to get a natural look using a combination of clipping, thinning, blending, and stripping. Sue shares her wealth of knowledge about pet handling, product usage, and breed profile tactics to get ‘the look’ on any Westie.
In this video you will learn:
- Why raking out the coat prior to clipping is helpful
- Proper methods for setting in the thigh area to expose the muscle
- How to round the feet, including great safety tips
- How to shape and style the front legs
- How to style the head to get the ‘chrysanthemum’ flower look
- BONUS! Great handling tips are sprinkled throughout the entire video
Experts in this Video
Suesan is a third generation pet stylist whose dynamic career stretches over 40 years. A Certified Master Groomer, she owns a successful mobile grooming business, which serves the Chicago/Northwest Suburban area.