Member Video: Grooming the Smooth Fox Terrier - 40 minutes
Lisa Leady has shown this breed in the AKC conformation show ring for years. You’ll love watching the amazing amount of coat that is removed and the subtle outline changes she was able to make. The techniques she uses can be easily applied to many other breeds with a similar coat, such as Beagles, Parson Russell Terriers, Chihuahuas, and Toy Fox Terriers.
In this video you will learn:
- How to trim the throat area and which blade is best for sensitive skin
- How to trim the ‘back pants’ of the Smooth Fox Terrier while accentuating angulation
- Tips used to give the illusion of extended neck length
- How to keep the look as ‘natural’ as possible
- BONUS TIP: Learn how to trim the nails to the proper length every time with this simple little trick! (Even after 30+ years grooming, I’d never heard this before!)
Experts in this Video
Lisa Leady is a third generation pet stylist with 35 years of experience.