Member Video: Hand-Stripping the Irish Terrier (1 of 2-Part Series) - 35 minutes
The Irish Terrier is one of the oldest Terrier breeds. He is an all purpose dog, a loyal protector of the family, as well as an all-around farm dog or hunting companion. This breed is unique in its outline compared to others in his group. In this lesson, Lisa Leady grooms a retired show dog. She shows you the basic elements of hand stripping combined with proper breed profile trimming.
Part 1: With over 30 years of experience grooming dogs, Lisa Leady is a master of hand stripping. Part 1 opens with hand stripping techniques then jumps right into the particulars of the Irish Terrier. This breed has a tight, red coat with very few furnishings.
In this video you will learn:
- Proper techniques for hand stripping.
- How often you need to work on a dog to keep the coat in ‘layers’.
- How do you know if you are doing it correctly, if you’re new to this technique?
- What to use to keep a harsh coated Terrier clean without destroying the texture.
- How to work to capture the outline of an Irish Terrier.
Experts in this Video
Lisa Leady is a third generation pet stylist with 35 years of experience.