Member Video: Grooming the Pet Pomeranian like a Show Dog (Part 1 of 3-part Series) - 54 minutes
Getting a Pomeranian show-ring ready takes work. Most people are amazed with the amount of trimming it takes to make them ‘ring ready.’ In this lesson, Lisa Leady turns this typical pet Pomeranian into a little show dog. He is oversized with a prolific coat. Using scissors and thinners, she creates the illusion of a shorter bodied dog. A few nips and tucks in strategic locations opens up the expression on this cute little pooch while making him appear to lose a bit of weight to boot. This is a great lesson for any pet stylist that grooms their fair share of Pomeranians.
In this video you will learn:
- The best scissors to use for this coat
- How to shape the pants on a Pomeranian with shears
- How to set in the shoulder layback
- How to handle a dog with typical ‘small dog’ health issues
- How to open up the expression on a Pomeranian
Experts in this Video
Lisa Leady is a third generation pet stylist with 35 years of experience.