Member Video: Grooming the Portuguese Water Dog - Working Retriever Trim (1 of 2-Part Series) - 40 minutes
Annette Quick is a Certified Master Groomer as well as a highly regarded contest stylist. One of the breeds that earned her the right to become a GroomTeam USA member was the Portuguese Water Dog. In this session she grooms a beautiful, black-and-white PWD to breed standard in a working Retriever trim. She will guide you through the breed standard, points of reference on the dog’s body, and tricks on how to get the look on a show dog, a contest dog, or simply the correct look on a pet dog in your salon.
This lesson is broken into a ‘double feature.’
Part 1: deals with setting the body, rounding the feet, and trimming the legs.
In this video you will learn:
- How to set the pattern based on breed profile and points of reference.
- What blades to use and where to use them.
- How to set in the angles of the front and rear assemblies using bone structure as a guide.
- What PWD enthusiasts mean when they say this is a ‘breed of moderation.’
- What to visualize to give you the correct placement of a tuck-up in any breed.
Experts in this Video
Annette Quick is a Certified Master Groomer. In her first year as a Division A competitor in 1997, she garnered the top spot on Groom Team USA. Annette maintained a position on Groom Team USA each year through 2000.