Member Video: The Convenience of a Lion Trim for a Pet Portuguese - 48 minutes
The lion trim is the most common trim around the globe for the Portuguese Water Dog, unlike in the United States where the Working Retriever trim takes top billing. Join this world class stylist as she discusses what the breed was created to do. She’ll lead you through the breed standard, talking about the essences of the breed and how to trim the dog to bring out key points. The key with this trim style is that it is not neat and tidy. The coat is not scissored to perfection. Pina shows you how to get the correct look on a PWD in as little as 30 minutes in your salon. This video was filmed before a live audience at the All American Grooming Show in Chicago.
In this video you will learn:
- Which blade options to use on the rear of the dog.
- What critical thing you need to do before you can set the jacket.
- Where to set the plume on the tail.
- How to style the head correctly.
- The last thing you should do to a PWD in a Lion Trim before it leaves your salon.
Experts in this Video
Pina is a National Certified Master Groomer with National Dog Groomers Association of America. She has just starting her apprenticeship to become a national Certifier with NDGAA.