Member Video: Injuries that Plague Our Industry - 15 minutes
Professional pet grooming is a far cry from a cushy desk job. It’s physically demanding and dirty. The dryers are loud, and occasionally the yapping dog in the corner even louder. There are days when you leave the shop mentally and physically drained. Despite the negative components of grooming pets, most of us wouldn’t trade it for any other career. It can be one of the most rewarding jobs we have ever done. Unfortunately, the demanding elements can take a toll on our bodies. Join longtime stylist, Misty Fowler as she shares her extensive list of problems she has learned to overcome through the years. She’ll share many solutions that have allowed her to stay at her grooming table for well over 20 years.
In this video you will learn:
- How physical therapy can re-energize or even save your career.
- How strategic appointment scheduling can have a huge impact on how you feel.
- How diet and exercise kept Misty at the grooming table.
- How regular massages promotes activity.
- The simple things that can easily be incorporated into your everyday routine that will extend your career.
Experts in this Video
Misty is a Certified Master Groomer, an award winning stylist, a two- time member of GroomTeam USA’s top 10 groomers.