Member Video: Helpful Tidbits from Dr. R. Smith - Basic Wound Care, Toxins, Pet Transport - 8 minutes
In this session, Dr. Smith leads you through some of the basic methods to address wound care and how to stop or slow down massive bleeding in the case of a major emergency. She will also lead you through a discussion of toxins: how quickly you have to react when a pet has ingested toxins and what you can do about it on the fly. She will also share with you effective ways to transport an injured pet with common household items.
In this video you will learn:
- Learn why even a minor wound can pose a serious threat to a pet.
- Learn why hydrogen peroxide is not the best long term wound cleanser.
- Learn how to control heavy bleeding.
- Learn how and why to apply an emergency muzzle.
- Learn why even mild toxins can be so dangerous to pet.
- Learn who to call if you fear a pet has ingested toxins.
Experts in this Video
Dr. Smith has a lifetime of experience caring for pets. She has been actively involved in dog behavior and training, pet rescue and animal welfare since 1988.