Member Video: Helpful Tidbits from Dr. R. Smith - Insect Bites, Heat Stroke & Safety Precautions - 3 minutes
What can you do to help a pet that has been bitten or stung by an insect and the pet is having an adverse reaction? What are the signs of a mild or a severe reaction to an insect bite? Heat stroke can be a real life-threatening situation in just about any grooming shop. What do you need to be aware of to keep your pet clients safe? Dr. Smith leads you through an open discussion on these topics as well as other safety precautions.
In this video you will learn:
- What you can do if a pet is having an allergic reaction to an insect bite.
- Types of dogs that are prone to heat stroke.
- How you can avoid a heat stroke situation in your salon.
- What to do if you do have a pet experiencing heat stroke.
- Basic safety issues to be on the lookout for in all professional settings.
Experts in this Video
Dr. Smith has a lifetime of experience caring for pets. She has been actively involved in dog behavior and training, pet rescue and animal welfare since 1988.