Member Video: Caribbean Casual Back Deck Chats - Horror Stories From the Front Lines - 29 minutes
It’s not very often these four industry leaders get together for some fun, rest, and relaxation – but they are all love their work and it doesn’t take much for them to turn their conversations into an inspiring brainstorming session. Guess what? You get to be a fly on the wall!
We all make mistakes. Many times, mistakes are the most effective learning tools. In this session, the voyagers discuss some of their personal Horror Stories from the Front Lines, letting you in on their own personal experiences. Join them as they poke fun at themselves and share some of their most embarrassing lessons they learned the ‘hard way!’
In this video you will learn:
- How to express anal glands without putting yourself in the line of fire
- How to create a system so the correct dogs goes home with the correct owner
- How to effectively communicate to an owner when a ‘whoops’ happens
- How to compensate an owner for a ‘whoops’
- How to head off a possible skin irritation before it turns into a major problem
- How to explain to an owner why their pet may be ‘tired’ after a day of beauty treatments
- The importance of a follow-up call after a ‘whoops’ happens
Experts in this Video
Teri is a thirty-five year-plus veteran of the pet styling industry, previously owning and operating a large and successful South Florida salon for twenty-seven years.
Susie attended the American School of Dog Grooming in Detroit in 1977. Later that year she opened up her own business in downtown Traverse City, Michigan called The Clipper
Melissa Verplank is a Certified Master Stylist and long time business owner.
A salon owner since 1983, Kathy Rose has garnered recognition in the pet industry both as an expert stylist and educator.