Member Video: Can We Talk? How to Deal with Geriatric Pets - 16 minutes
There comes a time when every professional pet groomer must deal with an elderly dog, the feeble dog, or the dog who is dealing with dementia. They can be challenging, but with the proper mindset and some basic skills you can help keep the pet safe and secure.
In this session, Suesan Watson shows you how to deal with the older pet. Her experience comes from a career full of dealing with pets of all ages.
In this video you will learn:
- Great ways to handle an older dog
- The number one thing you need to focus on
- How to move around an older dog to gain its trust
- Why it is important to pre-educate your clients
- Tips for communicating with an owner about an aging pet
Experts in this Video
Suesan is a third generation pet stylist whose dynamic career stretches over 40 years. A Certified Master Groomer, she owns a successful mobile grooming business, which serves the Chicago/Northwest Suburban area.