Member Video: Greatest Hits - Round Heads Only: Version #1 - 49 minutes
You asked for it, and here it is! We searched the archives to bring the best round head styling techniques to you. Join this group of award winning groomers as they show you their favorite way to style the round head. Melissa Verplank, Misty Fowler, Marc LaFleur, and Suesan Watson snip, clip, and trim this classic head style on a number of different breeds. You will be amazed at how subtle changes in techniques and lengths can make a huge difference in the finished product. They all have a slightly different way to routinely create one of the most popular head styles on many purebreds and mixed breeds – the round head.
In this video you will learn:
- How to trim the ears so they stay neat and clean yet look very soft and appealing.
- How to consistently set the jaw line.
- How to use a guard comb to get a consistent look in all of your dogs.
- How to trim a drop coated head by hand, creating a feathered look without scissor marks.
- How to take years off a dog, bringing back a ‘puppy’ expression.
Experts in this Video
Marc is a Certified Master Groomer, an award-winning contest stylist, a mobile stylist, and an industry consultant.
Suesan is a third generation pet stylist whose dynamic career stretches over 40 years. A Certified Master Groomer, she owns a successful mobile grooming business, which serves the Chicago/Northwest Suburban area.
Misty is a Certified Master Groomer, an award winning stylist, a two- time member of GroomTeam USA’s top 10 groomers.
Melissa Verplank is a Certified Master Stylist and long time business owner.