Member Video: Grooming the Pet Bichon in a Modified Show Trim - 44 minutes
Bichons. They seem to be everywhere. White and curly coated, this breed requires a fair amount of care in order to keep it in good condition. Misty walks you through the steps to maintain a typical little pet Bichon in a modified show style trim. She’ll show you how to clip, scissor, and style this dog into a low maintenance trim that is easy for an owner to care for. The trim itself is quick and easy to execute on a professional level. Misty talks about basic breed standards and how to apply them to the trim. She also gives you lots of grooming advice that can help your speed and improve your handling techniques.
BONUS! Learn about different products and tools that work well with this coat type.
In this video you will learn:
- How to set in angles in the rear leg with a guard comb.
- How to set up the coat to get the best scissor finish.
- How the back of the front leg plays in with setting the crest.
- How to layer the coat above the eyes to create an ‘S’ shaped bevel.
- How to blend the ears into the headpiece.
Experts in this Video
Misty is a Certified Master Groomer, an award winning stylist, a two- time member of GroomTeam USA’s top 10 groomers.