Member Video: Lisa Leady Grooming a Bichon in a Modified Show Trim (Part 1 of 4-part Series) → Part 2 of 4: Lisa Leady Grooming a Bichon in a Modified Show Trim - 15 minutes
View Next Part 3: Lisa Leady Grooming a Bichon in a Modified Show Trim
In this lesson, Lisa Leady is grooming a retired show dog. She does a fabulous job giving you detail on how to capture the essence of the Bichon Frise. Lisa tapers the trim down into a shorter, more manageable pet trim. She uses a combination of clipper guard combs and hand scissoring to get the look. With 30 years’ experience grooming pet and show dogs, this video is full of time saving tricks that really hit home. Lisa’s delivery is clear, concise, and fun. We have opted to feature the entire trim on the dog to ensure you don’t miss any of her valuable information.
To make viewing easier, we have broken the entire lesson into bite-sized lessons.
In this video series you will learn:
- Where to use specific guard combs on the body to reduce grooming time.
- How to set the rear angulation.
- Where to place the line on the back of the front leg for overall balance.
- A great visual reference for setting parallel lines.
- How to trim the eye area for maximum expression.
Experts in this Video
Lisa Leady is a third generation pet stylist with 35 years of experience.