Asian Fusion on a Schnauzer (Part 4 of 5-Part Series: Trimming Front Legs and Feet)
To watch the full video, either Login or Explore Membership today!
Runtime:13 minutes, 4 seconds
This lesson is Joshua Morales’ debut as a Learn2GroomDogs.com Training Partner. Early in his career, he refined many of his grooming skills by watching countless videos on L2GD. Today, he’s proud to be an accomplished pet stylist, helping other achieve their grooming goals.
We know Josh’s debut video is going to be a popular one. He shows you how to change it up a bit with a Schnauzer by combining Asian styling with pet breed profile trimming. The result is a fun, practical haircut your clients will love.
Throughout this lesson, Josh shares great ideas to help you groom better and more efficiently. You will learn ways to improve the texture of the coat as well as reference points that make it easy to set lines or accentuate to structure of the dog.
In this lesson, you will learn:
- why it’s so important to hold the clipper correctly.
- why carding is important on a harsh-coated, clipped dog.
- how to set the knee while enhancing correct structure.
- which products build volume in droopy coats.• what makes up the triple layers in the head.
Joshua Morales is a veteran in the world of all-breed dog grooming. A graduate of the Merryfield School of Pet Grooming in 2009, he is also a Nationally Certified Master Groomer through the National Dog Groomers Association of America and a Certified member of the International Society of Canine Cosmetologists.
Joshua has helped hundreds of aspiring pet groomers across the globe through hosting, conducting, and organizing seminars nationwide and abroad. His proven methods, determination, and hard work earned the Barkleigh Honors Award for the “2017 Up and Coming Groomer of The Year.”
- Pet Styling Instructor for the Institute of Technical Arts in Orlando, Florida
- Pet Styling Instructor for the Merryfield School of Grooming in Fort Lauderdale, FL
- National Certified Master Dog Groomer from the National Dog Groomers Association of America (NDGAA)
- 2 time Nationally Ranked Pet Styling Competitor
- Current student of the International Society of Canine Cosmetologists (ISCC)
- Canine Massage Therapist from Abundant Life Massage
- President of Ligato USA
- Founder and President of Grooming Team of Puerto Rico
- Founder and President of The Dog Beautician Company
- Co-Owner of Päsh "The Canine Boudoir"