Grooming the English Setter in a Show Style Trim: (1 of 3 Part Series)
To watch the full video, either Login or Explore Membership today!
Runtime:32 minutes, 2 seconds
Misty Fowler leads you through the process of show style trimming an older English Setter. These techniques are suitable for everyday pet clients, contest grooming, and certification testing. Learn how to use a wide variety of tools to hand strip the coat for a natural look that accentuates the structure of the dog.
In this video you will learn:
• How to create a ‘cat foot’ with high arched toes
• Which tools to use to hand strip the back
• How much pressure to place on your tools
• How far to strip down the rear legs and set the pattern line
• Ways to correct conformational faults in a top line
Misty Fowler has over 20 years of experience in the pet grooming industry. She is a Certified Master Groomer, an award-winning stylist, and a three-time member of GroomTeam USA’s top 10 groomers.
Misty was a lead trainer at the Paragon School of Pet Grooming. She is currently an active pet stylist at Whiskers Resort & Pet Spa. Her specialties include hand scissoring, breed profile trimming, speed, and efficiency.