FREE EXCERPT: Grooming the American Cocker Spaniel - 57 minutes
Judy has a no-nonsense style that is absolutely captivating and fun. In this session, she is working with an American Cocker Spaniel. This breed is meant to be hand stripped, and that’s what she does. Her directions are clear and simple. Learn how to work with carding tools, rakes, knives, clippers, and blending shears to get a very natural look. She also shares amazing tricks creating a beautiful beveled foot. Judy discusses breed standards and shows several key points to help accentuate proper breed profile of this dog. Once you understand why these areas are important, it’s easy to apply her lessons on your client’s pets.
Judy is available for Private Consulting & Coaching. Please contact her for cost and availability. 615.506.9571 firstname.lastname@example.org
In this video you will learn:
- Why it’s so important to card this coat regardless of whether you are clipping the dog or hand stripping it.
- How to get a smooth finish on a coat that marks and tracks easily.
- How to set the neck and shoulder area correctly.
- Great tips on how to bevel the feet so they are consistent every time.
- How to get the soft ‘mushy’ expression on the breed.
Experts in this Video
Judy Hudson holds an Associate’s Degree in Veterinary Technology and is an International Speaker and Judge. She is a National Certified Master Groomer and certifier for National Dog Groomers Association of America.