FREE EXCERPT: Dealing with Problem Dogs Parts (1 of 2-Part Series) → Part 2 of 2: Dealing with Problem Dogs Parts: Nervous Dogs - 29 minutes
Linda uses her years of experience combined with the principles of massage and relaxation to win the trust of two pets she has never worked on before. Both of these pets have a history of nervousness and anxiety. Linda guides you through the steps she takes every day with a new client to win the trust and cooperation of a nervous dog. In this session, she works on a Border Collie and a Shih Tzu.
In this video you will learn:
- How to introduce yourself to a new pet to gain its trust
- How to communicate to the pet without speaking
- What products can assist in the relaxation process
- How you can apply basic massage techniques to help relax the pet, including using bilateral tapping
- How to bring a dog into the present
- Learn the tell-tail signs that a pet is ready to begin the grooming process
Experts in this Video
Linda is an award-winning stylist with a lifetime of real world experience. In 2004, she earned enough points to be on GroomTeamUSA with a national ranking of 8th in the country.