Member Video: How to Line Brush an Old English Sheepdog - 27 minutes
Jeri Hoppe has gained respect for beautifully presenting Old English Sheepdogs in both the conformation ring and the grooming area. In this lesson, she shares her secrets for maintaining the OES’s coat. She walks you through the art of line-brushing this type of coat. Her methods minimize coat damage. She’ll share the tools, products, and methods she has used for years to keep her dogs in peak condition. One of her favorite phrases is. ‘You have to brush your dog where the sun doesn’t shine.’ In this lesson, she’ll show you how that is done.
In this video you will learn:
- What are major no-no’s when working on a show type coat.
- What sound does the brush make when the dog is completely brushed out.
- When you should start working with a young dog.
- Why having the dog lay down is so effective.
- How long it takes per week to keep an OES in full coat.
Experts in this Video
Jeri began her professional dog grooming career in 1981, and opened her salon, A Brush With Greatness, in 2005. She regularly grooms many Norwich and OES that are brought to her from far and wide.