Member Video: Feline Temperament & Handling - Know Your Enemy (Excerpts) - 24 minutes
If you are going to groom cats, one of the first things you notice is that they are unpredictable!! There are many ways to gain the upper hand. The key is safety for both you and the cat. In this session, you will hear the first part of a much longer presentation at Danelle’s cats-only grooming school, The National Cat Groomers Institute of America, Inc. (NCGIA). Even though this is an excerpt of the full lecture, it’s packed with great tips for anyone who grooms felines!
In this video you will learn:
- Why it’s important to conduct a full temperament and needs assessment on any cat that comes in for grooming
- How to collect intelligent data about the cat, which will help you in the grooming process
- What WMDs are and why you should care
- The 3 main temperament classifications of felines
- Whether or not you can change the personality of an aggressive cat
Experts in this Video
Danelle is the founder of the National Cat Groomers Institute of America, Inc. and the world’s first feline-exclusive grooming school located in Greenville, SC.