Member Video: Basic Shear Control for a Velvet Finish - 19 minutes
Colin has become the undeniable master of the art of hand scissoring. He has honed his craft on some the most challenging coats. In this session, Colin shows you how to get that velvet finish on the dog’s coat. We love his analogy, “Scissors are like shoes.” Since this industry is dominated by women – and you gals love your shoes – you’ll be able to relate when Colin discusses why it’s necessary to have a wide variety of shears in your collection.
In this video you will learn:
- How to hold the shear for optimum control.
- How to maintain the proper balance of the scissor in your hand.
- How to run the shear for a smooth finish.
- What to look for when buying scissors and shears.
- The importance of seeing the entire shape before you start to cut any hair.
Experts in this Video
Colin Taylor is a Certified Master Groomer and Certified by the United Kingdom City & Guild.