Member Video: Grooming a Shih Tzu/Pug Mix - 41 minutes
How many of you get this type of dog in the shop? They are so unusual looking, they are cute! But what the heck are you supposed to do with them? Luckily, the owner likes a rough and tumble look. Misty takes you through the steps she takes to highlight key features of this little dog. She uses a combination of hand stripping and carding techniques along with lots of thinning shear work. With this pet, less is going to be more. The result is a shaggy look that is tidy, easy to care for, and appealing to everyone!
In this video you will learn:
- The biggest challenges when dealing with this type of pet.
- Which types of products work well with this coat type to retain it’s texture.
- Which tools work well with this harsh coat texture.
- How to shape the tail using V-nips for a very natural look.
- How to maintain control of a pet without using a collar restraint.
Experts in this Video
Misty is a Certified Master Groomer, an award winning stylist, a two- time member of GroomTeam USA’s top 10 groomers.