Member Video: Clumber Spaniel Grooming - 58 minutes
When Teresa first hit the contest circuit with this breed, judges were baffled as to how to judge this breed. By the time Teresa retired from contest pet grooming, most judges had a firm grip on how this breed should be groomed – thanks to Teresa.
In this lesson, she shows you how to groom the Clumber Spaniel to breed standard. She works the coat using hand-stripping and thinning shear techniques to bring out the essence of the breed.
In this video you will learn:
- How to prepare the coat for blanket drying for a flat finish.
- How to remove coat in select areas to accentuate the dog.
- Where to leave furnishings to define the throat.
- Lots of detailed tips on bulk thinning, top thinning, and carding the coat.
- Great ways to read and apply breed standards to any breed when styling the coat.
Experts in this Video
Teresa is a Certified Master Groomer, an award- winning contest stylist, lead trainer and General Manager for Paragon School of Pet Grooming and White Dog Enterprises.