Member Video: Building a Successful Business - Management Functions - 45 minutes
Joe Zuccarello guides you through the final steps in Building a Successful Business. There are 4 elements in running a successful business. Planning tops the list. It is the most important function of management. Next in line is being Organized. Organization follows the planning function and begins the implementation stages of the plans. Next on the list is the function of Leading. Leading is process of providing continuous attention to core company beliefs. It creates and reinforces company values and ethics. The final key to Management Functions is Control. Control is analyzing data and taking the appropriate steps to keep OR correct a situation. It involves designing performance standards, checklists, manuals, and handbooks combined with monitoring and measuring results. Two highly important steps in the Control are mastering communications and follow through.
Some of the highlights you will learn in this video are:
- Why planning is the most important piece of this puzzle
- The importance of a Mission Statement
- What is ‘Direct & Expect’
- What is the difference between ‘Pro-Active’ and ‘Reactive’ planning
- What are the 3 areas of responsibilities
- What are the 3 different areas of leadership style and how they work
- Why it’s important to measure
Experts in this Video
Over the course of his career, Joe has provided management and operations consulting services to new business entrepreneurs, new business start ups, existing businesses, audiences at trade shows, and numerous telephone interviews and written articles.