Member Video: Bathing & Drying Combination Coat - 20 minutes
We see this coat type on a regular basis in the grooming setting. Typical problems owners experience are coats that shed, pets that have odor problems, and mats or tangles that combine with dirt and cling to the dog. For clients with larger dogs, giving the dog a thorough bath in a home environment proves extremely challenging. Typical breeds with this coat type include Golden Retrievers, Australian Shepherds, Cavalier King Charles Spaniels and many mixed breeds.
This video will help you learn how to:
- Complete the entire bathing process from start to finish
- Control the dog in the tub
- Properly use tools that will help get the dog clean
- Complete the drying process using an active form of drying
- Use the high velocity dryer in conjunction with de-shedding tools and techniques