Member Video: What Do You Do With a Wire Coated Doodle? (1 of 2-Part Series) - 22 minutes
How many of your have been faced with a Doodle type dog with a wiry coat? They are out there. In this video lesson, hand stripping expert, Jennifer Hecker, shows you some great styling options. This dog has a coat similar to a Bouvier des Flandres. It has not been groomed in about five months. Jennifer shows you how to rake out the coat, cutting down the time it takes to hand strip. Finally she shows you how to detail the haircut with shears along with styling the head. The end result is a tidied up rough coated dog. The look is natural and appealing.
In this video you will learn:
- General techniques for working on a hand stripped coat
- How to find out if you are applying too much pressure to the stripping knife
- Which products to use to make a coat ‘tacky’
- Which stripping knives work best
- Which pattern style you should follow when grooming this breed
Experts in this Video
Jennifer is a Certified Master Groomer, an award-winning contest stylist and active pet stylist.