FREE EXCERPT: Hydro-Bathing and De-Shedding a Golden Retriever in the Tub - 26 minutes
Judy Hudson is a leading educator in the world of professional pet grooming. When she is not traveling the world giving educational seminars, she grooms everyday pets in her mobile grooming van.
Judy is a firm believer that “time is money.” In her years of experience, she has learned how to cut a few corners without sacrificing quality or safety. As she works, her focus is on thoroughly cleansing, de-shedding, and drying the dog – all in the tub.
This is a great lesson that covers solid foundation skills. For this demonstration, we filmed a large, mature Golden Retriever while inside Judy’s Wag n’ Tails mobile grooming van. Judy shows you how she works with a hydro-bathing system, high velocity drying, and de-shedding techniques. These techniques can be used on large or small pets of similar coat type.
Having strong foundation skills is essential for every successful groomer, stylist, and professional grooming business. Mastering these skills leads to great grooms, whether you – or an assistant – is doing the bathing work.
In this video you will learn:
- why it is better to de-shed dogs in the tub versus before the bath.
- which products and tools work well with this technique.
- the benefits of using a hydro-bathing system.
- two important things to do prior to turning on your high velocity dryer.
- which nozzles work best at different points of the drying process.