FREE EXCERPT: Starting a Kerry Blue Terrier Puppy - 18 minutes
Jennifer Hecker loves puppies. Especially Terrier puppies.
In this lesson, Jennifer works on a 14 week old Kerry blue. This puppy is very social and very active. As Jennifer says, it’s like working on a moving target.
She gives you suggestions for how to encourage your clients to bring puppies in early for their first grooming session. She also discusses how to talk with the client so they know what to expect – and why.
This puppy is still a novice to grooming – and it shows. Join Jennifer to see how she handles a less than perfectly behaved young dog on the table.
In this video you will learn:
- ideas on how to work gently and effectively with a rambunctious puppy.
- how to talk with owners about their puppies first grooming experience.
- setting pricing for youngsters.
- clippers that work well for puppies.
- gentle holds that briefly deactivate an energetic puppy.
Experts in this Video
Jennifer is a Certified Master Groomer, an award-winning contest stylist and active pet stylist.