FREE EXCERPT: Stylish & Easy Doodle Grooming - 69 minutes
Doodles seem to be everywhere and they come in a wide variety of sizes, coat types, and colors. Doodles were once primarily a cross between a Poodle and either a Lab or a Golden Retriever. Today, the term “Doodle’ refers to almost any breed crossed with a Poodle.
Award-winning pet stylist, Lisa Leady, does plenty of Doodles in her everyday work. Her clients are just like yours, so she hears, ”Don’t make my Doodle look like a Poodle,” on a regular basis.
In this lesson, Lisa demonstrates an everyday trim. This Doodle is crossed with St. Bernard. She’s a big girl, yet she shouldn’t take that long to get done. Lisa shares plenty of speed tricks to get through this dog quickly, such as what blades to use, clipper technique, what shears to work with, and what products work well to lift the coat.
The result is a no-nonsense trim. It’s easy for the owner to care for and looks fabulous. This doodle does not look like a poodle after it is groomed!
In this lesson, you will learn:
- why she likes to mist her dogs with a light spray.
- how to accentuate bone structure even if it’s all one length.
- how to minimize clipper irritation under the tail.
- why it is important to keep your eyes moving over the dog.
- how to trim closely over the eyes without removing eyelashes.
Experts in this Video
Lisa Leady is a third generation pet stylist with 35 years of experience.