Member Video: Styling the Poodle in a Miami Trim - 55 minutes
Our premier Training Partner, Misty Fowler, shows you how to execute this trim, which is known by many names based on what region you are from. Commonly referred to as the Clown Clip, Bikini Trim, Summer Clip, or Miami Trim, it all looks very similar. The body work is shorter with pom-pom bracelets on each leg combined with a typical poodle topknot and tail. Misty leads you through the entire trim including: clipping the face, feet, and tail, setting the pattern and shaping the bracelets, topknot and tail with scissors.
Some of the highlights you will learn in this video are:
- How to set the pattern and common blade choices.
- How to set the lines on the poodle face, feet, and tail.
- How to work with a less than cooperative pet on poodle feet (great holds!).
- How to get nice, clean bevels and pom-pom bracelets.
- How to scissor the poodle topknot and neck crest.
Experts in this Video
Misty is a Certified Master Groomer, an award winning stylist, a two- time member of GroomTeam USA’s top 10 groomers.