Member Video: Andis Clipper & Blade Maintenance - 29 minutes
Clippers and blades are a large investment for the professional pet groomer. Every piece of mechanical equipment needs routine care. Keeping your clippers and blades well serviced ensures you get years of use from your grooming tools.
Top pet stylist Michell Evans, demonstrates how to properly maintain Andis equipment.
For this demonstration, she uses three clippers:
- Andis Excel 5 Speed
- Pulse Ion
- AGR Rechargeable
In this L2GD lesson, Michell shows you how to routinely service these clippers.
Plus, she shows you how to clean and disinfect clipper blades. Keeping your blades well serviced ensures they run smoothly between sharpenings.
In this video you will learn:
- Why you should change your blade drive and how to do it.
- What signs tell you your hinge assembly needs to be replaced.
- Why it’s important to oil your blades.
- What causes blades to rattle and what you can do to fix the problem.
- What combination of products and tools should be used to service your equipment.
Experts in this Video
Michell Evans is a multi-Best in Show and Best All Around groomer and is a Certified Master Groomer through National Dog Groomers Association of America (NDGAA) and the International Professional Groomers Incorporated (IPG).