Member Video: Using Notes From the Grooming Table: England Lecture (1 of 3-Part Series) → Part 3 of 3: Using Notes From the Grooming Table: England Lecture - Art of Scissoring - 32 minutes
Notes From the Grooming Table is the hottest grooming reference guide out on the market! In this session, the author, Melissa Verplank-CMG, will personally share her best tips pulled from the book. In the second part of this three part series, she talks about how Notes is used as a resource for pet grooming. In this session, Melissa highlights the art of scissoring. She’ll share with you exercises you can do at home to gain control of your shears. With practice, you’ll master the art of a velvet finish on all your dogs. Next she shares tips on how to trim the natural foot plus how to trim 4 poodle feet in three minutes.
To conclude this lecture, Melissa guides you through a number of different breeds represented in Notes From the Grooming Table. She reviews the principles outlined in the book and how you apply the techniques to your everyday dogs.
In this video you will learn:
- How to hold your shears for optimum control.
- Multiple exercises you can do anywhere to gain full control over your scissors.
- How to create natural looking, tight and neat cat type foot in the least amount of time.
- Techniques to trim 4 poodle feet in under 4 minutes.
- How to set the double pattern line to a real dog from the images of Notes.
Experts in this Video
Melissa Verplank is a Certified Master Stylist and long time business owner.