Bathing & Drying Silky Coated
To watch the full video, either Login or Explore Membership today!
Runtime:33 minutes, 26 seconds
Dogs with this coat type can be absolutely stunning with their shorter body coat and long flowing feathering. Many of the dogs with silky coats also have clear rich colors that need special care to really enhance the coat. Special drying techniques are used on dogs that are left in a more natural state, typically found in show trimming. Typical breeds with this coat type include Springer Spaniels, American Cocker Spaniels, Irish Setters and many mixed breeds.
This video will help you learn how to:
- Complete the entire bathing process from start to finish
- Control the dog in the tub
- Properly use tools that will help get the dog clean
- Identify and use the wide variety of products available
- Implement and use blanket drying or sacking
- Finish the drying process using multiple forms of active drying
Ms. Whitney has enjoyed a lifelong career as an owner, breeder, and exhibitor of top winning AKC sporting dogs. She is an award-winning pet stylist. Specialties include hand stripping and profile grooming, human resources, and educational development.