Grooming Demo on a Daisy Dog
To watch the full video, either Login or Explore Membership today!
Misty Fowler demonstrates grooming techniques that emphasize key features of this adorable little dog. This combination coat is wiry on the body while extremely soft on the head and legs, which poses some interesting challenges. Misty shows you how to clip the body and scissor the legs to make the most of this haircut. She creates a cute round head style that shows off the eyes and long eyelashes.
In this video you will learn:
• The benefits of working with thinning and blending shears.
• Multiple soft techniques for dealing with a dancing dog on the grooming table.
• How to create parallel lines on the legs.
• How to trim the eye area while NOT trimming off the long eye lashes.
• How to work with cowlicks in a coat.
Misty Fowler has over 20 years of experience in the pet grooming industry. She is a Certified Master Groomer, an award-winning stylist, and a three-time member of GroomTeam USA’s top 10 groomers.
Misty was a lead trainer at the Paragon School of Pet Grooming. She is currently an active pet stylist at Whiskers Resort & Pet Spa. Her specialties include hand scissoring, breed profile trimming, speed, and efficiency.