Grooming the Irish Setter to Breed Profile
To watch the full video, either Login or Explore Membership today!
Runtime:58 minutes, 21 seconds
This breed was one of the breeds that launched Misty into GroomTeam USA’s Top 10 Stylists for three years in a row. In this session, Misty works on a lovely pet Irish Setter, showing you how to groom the breed correctly to breed profile, using hand stripping and thinning techniques.
In this video you will learn:
- Learn how and why it’s important to blanket dry the back coat
- Learn how to set the pattern on the pet to accentuate the dog’s breed profile
- Learn how to avoid a color change when trimming the cheeks and muzzle
- Learn how to set in the neck and shoulder by hand
- Learn how to strip, card, and rake out the back coat including what types of tools to use
- Learn how to address the legs and accentuate the natural pattern
- Learn how to trim show feet and hocks on a setter
- Plus – Misty shares with you tricks to eliminate skin flakes on the back coat while adding shine
Misty Fowler has over 20 years of experience in the pet grooming industry. She is a Certified Master Groomer, an award-winning stylist, and a three-time member of GroomTeam USA’s top 10 groomers.
Misty was a lead trainer at the Paragon School of Pet Grooming. She is currently an active pet stylist at Whiskers Resort & Pet Spa. Her specialties include hand scissoring, breed profile trimming, speed, and efficiency.