Grooming the Topknot, Crest and Tail of a Standard Poodle in a Lamb Trim
To watch the full video, either Login or Explore Membership today!
Runtime:24 minutes, 14 seconds
In this video session Misty Fowler finishes the trim on her beautiful Standard Poodle, Sambuca. Misty focuses on the tail and the headpiece to create style, balance, and harmony which pulls the entire groom together. She will share points of reference that you can use on dogs in your own salon, duplicating the look quickly and easily.
In this video you will learn:
- How to set the lines for the headpiece
- How to follow a system for trimming the topknot and crest for consistency
- How to and when to apply products to get the best control and build body into the topknot
- How to best view the headpiece for the final scissor finish
- How to shape and balance out the tail for a beautiful presentation
Misty Fowler has over 20 years of experience in the pet grooming industry. She is a Certified Master Groomer, an award-winning stylist, and a three-time member of GroomTeam USA’s top 10 groomers.
Misty was a lead trainer at the Paragon School of Pet Grooming. She is currently an active pet stylist at Whiskers Resort & Pet Spa. Her specialties include hand scissoring, breed profile trimming, speed, and efficiency.