Part 2: Grooming the English Setter: Working with Thinning Shears, Styling the Head, and Detail Finishing (2 of 3)
To watch the full video, either Login or Explore Membership today!
Runtime:33 minutes, 45 seconds
Misty Fowler leads you through the process of show style trimming an older English Setter. These techniques are suitable for everyday pet clients, contest grooming, and certification testing. Learn how to use a wide variety of tools to hand strip the coat for a natural look that accentuates the structure of the dog.
In this video you will learn:
• The difference between the three Setters
• Whether to hand strip or clip a Setter
• Why you hand thin the neck area instead of using a #7F clipper blade
• How often a Setter should be groomed as a pet or for show
• Whether or not you need to clip a naturally short head
Misty Fowler has over 20 years of experience in the pet grooming industry. She is a Certified Master Groomer, an award-winning stylist, and a three-time member of GroomTeam USA’s top 10 groomers.
Misty was a lead trainer at the Paragon School of Pet Grooming. She is currently an active pet stylist at Whiskers Resort & Pet Spa. Her specialties include hand scissoring, breed profile trimming, speed, and efficiency.